Nine individuals who have made outstanding contributions to interscholastic athletics have been named recipients of the 2010 Distinguished Service Awards given by the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (NIAAA). This year's winners include:
* Don Dellinger, CMAA, principal, Hedgesville (West Virginia) High School;
* John Evers, CMAA, director of athletics, Newburgh (Indiana) Castle High School;
* Mark Horak, CAA, athletic director, Lake Oswego (Oregon) High School;
* Steve Joekel, CAA, former assistant principal for activities/athletics, Omaha (Nebraska) Millard West High School;
* Sandra Mader, CMAA, director of athletic services, Aldine (Texas) Independent School District;
* Robert Rossi, CMAA, supervisor of athletics, Hunterdon (New Jersey) Central High School;
* Diane Shuck, CMAA, assistant principal and athletic director, Air Academy High School, Colorado Springs, Colorado;
* Gary Stevens, CMAA, director of student activities, Saco (Maine) Thornton Academy;
* William Utsey, CAA, director of athletics and Title IX coordinator, Greenville (South Carolina) County Schools.
Presentation of the Distinguished Service Awards were made December 19 during the National Athletic Director Conference in Orlando, Florida.